During this film walk in the footsteps of Jean-Luc Godard's films, Juliette Dubois will take you through the director's favorite neighborhoods, from the Luxembourg Gardens to Saint-Michel and the Sorbonne.
The Latin Quarter is the cinephile district par excellence. Known for its art house cinemas, it naturally attracted the young critics of the New Wave who became filmmakers.
Jean-Luc Godard in particular is linked to this neighborhood. From the Luxembourg garden and surroundings where he shot one of his very first short films to the banks of the Seine near Saint-Michel where we find the protagonists of À Bout de Souffle, passing by the Pantheon cinema or the Sorbonne, the tour will allow us to approach the origin of his cinema, while being interested in his links with the other filmmakers but also in the youth of the time.
On Our Way
- The director's first short film in the Luxembourg Gardens.
- The movie theaters that saw the birth of the critics, future directors of the New Wave.
- The outdoor sets and the hotel of Breathless.
- The Sorbonne and the youth of the time.
- The locations of La Chinoise and Vivre sa vie.